Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Coconut buttercream marshmallow lemon cake

Last week I tried making Lime & Coconut Loaf Cake using this recipe but it turned out a tad too tart for my taste. So, today went back to the Lemon & Rosemary Loaf. This time with frosting and minus the rosemary. 


I used my mother's decades old cake mold and got this pretty shape. 


For the frosting I made Buttercream Marshmallow using two recipes. One for the ingredients and the other for the method. Making cake frosting always feels messy and complicated but all I had to do was mix 
1/3 cup of icing sugar 
1/3 cup softened unsalted butter
1/8 tspn vanilla essence 
and fold in 
3/4 bottle of marshmallow creme


I then sprinkled the Hawaiian Coconut flakes leftover from my last miserable attempt at baking. 

Lovely :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the bundt baking tin. Any chance your mum would sell it to me? hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bundt baking tin? Is that what you call it?! She actually has another one tapi pinjam je bole kot. Haha :)

      Delete