Felt like some geometrical designs :)
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Looks like Sweetie #2 found the yellow morning sunshine :)
I sewed my very first pillow cover a few days ago. The easiest kind - an envelope back. It's the light blue one with lime green circle. I tried using Sweetie #1's pastel dye sticks but it was an absolute no go. I couldn't get a solid colour and it kept clumping so I used acrylic paint instead. A bit stiff but this is just an experiment anyway. And it actually turned out not too bad.
I got the quilt from a second-hand store that was closing down :(
Monday, June 25, 2012
Monday, June 11, 2012
Before getting a decent liner brush, I was using this. That's right. Your eyes are not deceiving you. I cut the bristles off. I had to. I just couldn't find anything finer in any of the stores until I came across this one below at Art Friend.
What a difference! In price as well :) My old brush costs around five bucks. The new one was 4 times more. I don't know when I'll be able to splurge again and I still love my old one which I know I'll buy more of in the very near future but in the meantime this is the star.
Here's my table top when I am working on something. A bit of a mess, I know. I've got some nice acrylic paints and my one and only prized bottle of acrylic ink in indigo. There's my Lyra watercolour set and those small paint pots are either hand-me-down poster colours I "inherited" from Sweetie #1 or newly bought ones from local stationery shops around town for a buck and a half each.
And yes, I'll be changing the water soon :)
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Friday, June 8, 2012
This was done freehand. And I love not knowing where I was going. I started by painting the background with watercolour and dabbed off excess paint with a rag to get the texture. Then I used indigo acrylic ink and added a blob that turned into a flower and more flowers when slowly I began to see legs, a tail, a body and finally a head! I got a bit flustered when I added the patterns because suddenly I felt it looked all wrong. But I kept going and painted some plants with cadmium red acrylic paint and coloured in the flowers and patterns. I have to say I'm actually happy with it. The Man and Sweetie #1 think it's cute, weird, scary but not a cat :)