Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Blank cards

Before I got a bit preoccupied with sewing, I started out wanting to make giclee prints of my watercolour illustrations. But there was a lot to consider. A good printer costs a bomb. Archival ink costs a bomb. 300 grams acid free paper costs a bomb. In other words, I just couldn't afford it. I also thought of getting them printed professionally but to keep costs down I'd have to print in bulk and I did not want to get stuck with too much stock. 

Now, I think it may not be such a bad idea after all. So, today I made a few mock up blank cards of my little birdies. I printed on the Toddler's art paper, then cut and pasted them onto some of my precious watercolour paper. 


These cards are W 4.5" X H 7" when closed. They are blank on the inside which makes them perfect for writing or ummm... painting whatever you want.


What do you think of this combo?


No comments:

Post a Comment